We begin by addressing whether or not podcasting has a plagiarism problem, podcast hosts not providing a 301 redirect, when you are ready to start offering premium content, the latest RODEcaster Pro firmware update, getting your Spotify stats, Apple Podcasts metadata best practices, plus our recap of Podcast Movement!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- Plagairism and podcasting, is it a problem :(
- Kudos to Oprah Magazine for doing their homework
- Can one activate ID3 tags after an episode is published?
- What if your RSS feed description gives you issues?
- The long time issue of podcast hosts not offering 301 redirects
- Can a podcast be penalized for using click farms? Audio feedback from Neil
- Acast raising 25 million euro and what that means for building a profitable podcasting business
- When new companies pose privacy problems and are not GDPR or CCPA compliant
- When are you ready to start offering Premium content?
- Is there a benefit to being listed in a sub-category versus the general category in Apple Podcasts
- RØDECaster Pro Firmware Update! 2.0 baby!
- Where have you been? Alain
- Where have you been? Carey
- Is there a way for me to tell in the Libsyn stats how many are native subscribers versus the number that are being re-directed from an old feed?
- All kinds of details on how to use the Spotify for Podcasters dashboard
- Apple Podcasts meta data best practices
- Stats: breakdown of unique vs IAB certified stats
- Gene shares some amazind data with us!
- Podcast Movement 2019 recap
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!