New public domain work, more podcasting acquisitions, adding video or not to your podcasting workflow, we have an affiliate program, yas! What you need to start a podcast in 2022, the power of host read ads, ad insertion best practices, from promo codes to insertion points, and of course stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:34 PROMO 1: The Fluent Show
- 4:06 Rob and Elsie conversation
- It’s a new year! And Rob gives us the scoop on his 19th calendar year as an indie podcaster
- Have you changed your copyright field yet?
- New public domain works
- Captivate was acquired by Global at the end of 2021 and Whooshkaa was acquired by Spotify
- 12:33 AUDIO FEEDBACK - Creating video to support your podcast, it’s sucking the joy out!
- Thoughts on adding video production to your current audio podcast, is it worth it?
- Japanese language podcast and YouTube - tags fail to send over, why?
- We have an affiliate program! Yas!
- 21:20 PROMO 2: Video Fuzzy
- What do you need to Start a Podcast in 2022?
- Host read ads are not gone and are very much available for advertisers in our space!
- The Libsyn Blog has been very active with all the recaps for 2021
- Rob’s tip on purposely customizing your show’s background color
- 30:11 AUDIO FEEDBACK: Carey Green and some extra audio files?
- Best practices for publishing archived episodes for the holidays
- Would it be better to release every other week all year round or take off more time at the beginning or end of the year?
- Spotify and Google Podcasts currently do not support video files - MP4 files will not show up there
- Ad insertion best practices, from promo codes to insertion points
- Is it best to promote the entire podcast, a series or an episode?
- Advertisecast team reported their monthly Podcast Advertising Rates
- 48:18 PROMO 3: The Unstarving Musician
- 49:02 Stats! Mean and Median
- Where have we been and where are we going!
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.